The coffee bio-plastic cup, a new breakthrough for a disposable plastic cup industry, have many advantages which overcome the limitations that conventional plastic cups have such as being safe for consumers’ health, being friendly to the environment, etc. Therefore, coffee bio-plastic cups can be the best choice to replace traditional plastic cups.
>>> Learn more at: Recycled cups from coffee grounds
One of the main reasons that will convince you to give up the habit of using oil-based plastic cups is to protect your own health. Because some chemicals in traditional single-use plastic products often contain plasticizers, colorants, lead, cadmium, etc., which can leak into food and beverage and then be absorbed into the human body when using products. These chemicals, once accumulated for a long time in our body, will lead to a series of consequences such as cancer, hormonal changes, …
In addition, the increase in the volume of single-use plastics in recent years has led to an increasing amount of plastic waste being discharged into the environment, putting pressure on waste treatment. In the current case, when the treatment of plastic waste is overloaded, they will be discharged into our living environment, directly affecting many aspects of our habitat such as depleting nutrients in the soil, destroying ecosystems, causing flooding in urban areas, destroying marine ecology…
>>> Learn more at: Australia applies law to ban the single-use plastics in 2023
Therefore, let’s use coffee bio-plastic cup as an alternative product to limit the negative impacts of plastic on human health and the environment.
What is the coffee bio-plastic cups?
Coffee bio-plastic cups are similar to regular disposable plastic cups. However, the biggest difference here is the composition of the two products. With conventional disposable plastic cups, it’s main ingredients are oil-based plastics, derived from fossil materials such as PP or PET. As for the disposable coffee bio-plastic cup, the main ingredients will include coffee grounds and primary plastic.
Due to the main ingredient of coffee grounds which can account for up to 50% of the total ingredients, coffee bioplastic cups bring many positive affects. Because they are organic ingredients, they are easy to decompose and produce microorganisms. And as a result, the product is biodegradable.
In Vietnam, Biopolymer is an exclusive brand specializing in the distribution of coffee bio-composite materials used for the production of coffee bio-plastic cups as well as other finished products. In addition, Biopolymer also provides services for businesses such as OME / ODM, Whitelabel,…
>>> Learn more at: HOW MUCH IS THE COFFEE BIO-COMPOSITE? HOW TO CONTACT?
Production process of coffee bio-plastic cups
In order to turn from used coffee grounds into the perfect bio-plastic cups, the production process is designed to include 6 steps:
- Step 1: Producing coffee bio-composite materials, with a special blend formula dedicated to the production of coffee bioplastic cups combined with special production technology at Biopolymer.
- Step 2: Apply injection molding technology. First, the raw material will be put into the material hopper of the machine and heated to melt at a suitable temperature. Next, the molten material will be injected into the closed mold with great pressure through the screw system of the machine. The finished mold will be cooled so that the molten material in the mold turns to a solid state. Finally, open the mold to take out the finished product.
- Step 3: Cut the bavia to increase aesthetics.
- Step 4: Engrave logo on semi-finished products.
- Step 5: Check the quality of the finished product.
- Step 6: Package.
Advantages of coffee bio-plastic cups
With unique ingredients made from coffee grounds, Biopolymer coffee bio-plastic cups always bring unexpected benefits to users, including the following 5 major benefits:
- Attractive cost: Thanks to the reuse of used coffee grounds which have almost zero costs, the product price also becomes much more reasonable compared to conventional single-use plastic cups. Therefore, coffee bio-plastic cups can be easily accessible to a broader set of customers.
- Biodegradability: Natural coffee grounds are the decisive factor, supporting the rapid biodegradation process, with the entire decomposition time within just a few years, instead of going on for generations like traditional plastic cups. This makes bio-plastic coffee cups more environmentally friendly than ever.
3. Easy to produce: Although most of the ingredients are organic, the coffee bio-composite used to produce coffee bio-plastic cups can still use available technologies. This helps business customers to keep the production line intact, avoiding incurring costs.
4. Full use: this coffee bio-plastic cups can fully meet the same uses as normal plastic cups from being able to be thrown away after use to ensure safety when containing liquids with high temperature.
5. Safety for health: coffee bio-plastic cups are proud to have achieved many safety certifications for consumers’ health such as REACH/Rohs, Food Contact Materials (FCMs), ensuring safety when the product comes into direct contact with food and drinks even in high temperature (100 degrees Celsius).
Coffee bio-plastic cups production standards
Biopolymer is very proud to be a pioneer in developing and manufacturing disposable coffee bio-plastic cups in Vietnam, with a European standard production facility and machinery system applying advanced technology, always committed to creating the best quality products.
In addition, to ensure the output quality of the coffee bio-plastic cups always in the best condition, Biopolymer has developed a set of quality standards to continuously evaluate the product. Standards will include:
- Shape: The shape of the product must conform to the specifications required by the customer, the via parts need to be cut beautifully without errors, the product surface is smooth, and the pattern on the cup is even.
- Color: Because the product is made from coffee grounds, the coffee bio-plastic cups will have the typical color of coffee grounds, neither too bright nor too dark. However, in case of request from the unit partner, the color of the product can be adjusted to change.
- Scent: The product has a scent of coffee after roasting, the smell is faint and will fade slowly, do not accept finished products with strange odors or burning due to manufacturing errors.
Please visit Biopolymer Website, then click “Contact Us” and leave the necessary information. Our Biopolymer team will advise about sizes and quotes as soon as possible.
Coffee bio-plastic cups will have the same uses and most of the features as regular plastic cups. Moreover, the ingredients that used to produce the product contains coffee grounds instead of 100% plastic derived from fossil materials. This leads to the fact that coffee bio-plastic cups can bring more great benefits than conventional plastic cups.
Some of the benefits of coffee bio-plastic cups include competitive price, convenient production, safety for health, full use and biodegradability. These are all special benefits, overcoming the shortcomings of traditional plastic cups which are notorious for exacerbating environmental problems and adversely affecting consumers’ health
In order to bring customers the most perfect coffee bio-plastic cups, Biopolymer has spent a lot of time in researching the raw bio-materials, as well as investing in machinery and equipment to always ensure the best quality.
>>> Learn more at: NEW PRODUCT REVEALED – LATTE CUPS MADE FROM COFFEE GROUND